Getting enough sleep is one of the core requirements that we can not live without. Proper sleep can improve many of our body functions and can help us in many diseases as well. But pains like neuropathy can affect our sleep cycle and can deprive us of the much needed sleep. Neuropathy is common in people with chronic diseases these days.
People suffering from any type of pain often complain about their affected sleep cycle. Here is how you can improve your sleep cycle when you are suffering from neuropathy.
Some Effective Tips
- Try controlling your daily caffeine intake. Try not taking any caffeine containing products near the end of the day.
- Quit smoking, as it can decrease blood circulation in certain parts of your body, and can thus lead to elongated pain with little to not healing.
- Try controlling your alcohol habits. Start by decreasing the intake as much as you can.
- If you are not feeling sleepy, do not stay lying in the bed. That is because laying in the bed without sleeping will negatively affect the quality of your sleep.
- Pick up the right exercise for yourself, and do it hours before sleeping.
- If you must take a nap during the day, make it less than one hour.
- Make a definite daily sleeping and waking schedule and follow it strictly. This will always help you sleep on time no matter what happens.
- Try out different mattresses and choose the one that will be a perfect fit for you. Also, make your bed comfortable, and do not forget to have a wide enough space to easily stretch.
- Keep the temperature of your room according to your liking. Thus will help you get a better sleep.
These are the steps that can help in the neuropathy pain relief process.